Scott Seaman Sports Rink (Outdoor)
- Bear-proof garbage
- Change Room Building
- Covered Ice Rink
- Doggy bag dispenser
- Floor Hockey
- Inline Hockey
- Roller Skating/Blading
The Scott Seaman Sports Rink (Outdoor) will TENTATIVELY reopen on Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Group lessons are permitted outdoors with up to 10 people (a coach must be present, therefore 9 participants will be permitted). Participants who are not part of the same household must observe 2 metres of physical distance.
- There will be NO shinny, pick-up or tag permitted during Step 1.
- Change rooms will not be available
- Covid-19 screening/Health checks are still required prior to entering the facility.
- The outdoor rink will be closed if temperatures are -20C or colder, this is normal operating procedures for this outdoor rink. Notifications will be posted online and the facility will be closed until the weather improves.
- Facility closures may occur based on Provincial requirements/restrictions and/or as per the direction of the Minister of Health and the Province of Alberta.
The Public Skating Schedule tentatively as of Wednesday, February 10, 2021:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm and 3:45 pm – 4:45pm
Sat 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Sun 9:00 am – 10:00 am and 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Winter Season - November 1 to February 28
Summer Season - Dry Cement Pad June to End of September
The rink is 180 feet by 84 feet with boards and lights. The rink does have a roof covering with a refrigerated Ice surface; lines, ice markings and a score clock for Hockey. The change room building is equipped with washrooms (no showers), benches and tables. The change room building can be rented out to hold meetings, celebrations like birthday parties etc.
Helmets are mandatory. No one is permitted on any ice surface without a helmet.
Please be aware the Scott Seaman Sports Rink can be closed at any time due to adverse weather conditions. The rink will be closed and bookings will be cancelled. Patrons will not be billed for ice time cancelled by the Arena.
- For rental times and availability call the arena for more information.
- Open pad times between bookings are available for rent between June and September. Call the arena for more information.
- Verbal or physical abuse of arena staff will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone under the influence or possession of alcohol or any illegal substances. Offending person(s) can be asked to vacate the facility. Banning from the facility may result.