Health and Wellness
Residents of the Black Diamond area are fortunate to have modern medical facilities that cater to their various medical needs. These facilities, along with their location and contact information are listed below. For additional health care and personal wellness business options, please visit our business directory.
|Oilfields General Hospital||717 Government Road S.|
Black Diamond, Alberta T0L 0H0
- Adult Day Program
- Cafeteria Services
- Calgary Rural Diabetes Program
- Cardiology - Electrogram Services
- Community Addiction and Mental Health Services - Rural
- Community Health Centres
- Community Physiotherapy
- Continuing Care Services
- Emergency Services
- Environmental Public Health
- GLAD Canada in Alberta
- General Medicine - Inpatients @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- General Radiography (X-Ray)
- Health Information - Access and Disclosure
- Health Information / Records Management
- Health Promotion
- Immunization - Adult Services
- Immunization - Infant and Preschool Services
- Immunization - School Services
- Laboratory Services
- Lactation Services
- Nutrition Counselling - Adult
- Nutrition Counselling - Healthy Pregnancy Weight Gain @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Patient Email Well Wishes
- Patient Food Services
- Patient Information
- Pharmacy Services - Inpatient
- Respiratory Therapy - Rural
- School Health Program
- Sheep River Health Trust
- Social Work Services
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Well Child Services @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Family & Community Health
|Black Diamond Health Unit|
717 Government Road S.
|Foothills Family Medical Clinic|
141 1 Street SW
Black Diamond, AB T0L 0H0
|Alberta Health Link|
Health Advice 24/7
|Additional Services||See "Health & Wellness" categories in our Business Directory|
Senior's Health Services
|Calgary Health Region Home Care||403-943-1920 (or) 1-888-943-1920|
This program delivers meals to individuals at home who are unable to prepare their own meals or dine out.
|Wheels to Meals|
Pre-register by calling the High Country Lodge.
This program provides a hot noontime meal to seniors able to drive and dine out.
|Kerby Rotary House (Emergency Shelter - Calgary)|
Kerby Rotary Shelter is a safe place for men and women 55+ who are experiencing elder abuse.
|Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Council||For 24 hour support and referral, call Family Violence Info Line 310-1818|
|Government of Canada|
Programs & Services for Seniors
|Alberta Health Services|
|Foothills Country Hospice Society||(403) 995-4673|
|Family Violence Info Line||310-1818|
|Poison & Drug Information Service||1-800-332-1414|
|Kids Help Phone (Counselling Line)|
Call, text, Messenger, online chat, links in website
|Addiction Services Helpline|
The Addiction and Mental Health Help Line is a 24 hour, 7 day a week confidential service that provides support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing addiction and mental health concerns, including problem gambling.
|Mental Health Help Line|
The Mental Help Line is a 24 hour, 7 day a week confidential service that provides support, information and referrals to Albertans experiencing mental health concerns
The line is staffed by a multidisciplinary team comprised of nurses, psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, and psychologists.
The service provides:
|Rehabilitation Advice Line|
The Rehabilitation Advice Line is a telephone service which provides free rehabilitation advice and general health information for Albertans over 18 years of age.
The service provides information on:
For concerns unrelated to rehabilitation, please call: