Scott Seaman Sports Rink (Outdoor)
|Other Link||Request Reservation|
- Adult Ice Rental (Outdoor SSSR)
- Dry Pad Rentals (email for rates)
- First Come First Serve Open Rink (non teams) FREE
- Local Youth Ice Rental (Outdoor SSSR)
- Non-Local Youth Ice Rental (outdoor SSSR)
Scott Seaman Sports Rink is OPEN for the Season
Home of the Oilfields Sports Association Phantoms
- Winter Season: Ice is in place from November (sometimes the end of October) to the end of February.
The ice on the Scott Seaman has now become unsafe for skating and will no longer be available due to warmer weather.
- Summer Season: Pad time is available from May (weather dependent) through September
- Ice and pad time is supplied on a first-come first-serve basis.
- If there are no bookings, it is available for FREE to the public.
- It CANNOT be treated as a private booking. Everyone who comes is free to partake and enjoy themselves.
- To find out if it's open to public check the calendar below for any bookings, or on the Change room building there is a TV facing out that has all the information regarding bookings for that day. You can also find a contact number for the current team member on shift in case you require any assistance.
- Open ice times are available for PRIVATE rentals November-February (teams, shinnies, family get together, birthday parties etc)
- Open pad times are available for rent April-July (off ice training, birthday parties, pickle ball, tennis)
- Public Skating and Family Skate times:
- NO sticks or pucks permitted on the ice
- Family designated times are for families; anyone over the age of 18 must be accompanied by a child; children must be accompanied by an adult (even if adult is not participating).
- After school shinnies are for youth under the age of 18 to come out after school and play around.
Helmets are mandatory. No one is permitted on any ice surface without a helmet.
How to rent & to see Calendar Availability
- Check the calendar via this link for available ice/pad time make sure to click the SSSR dry pad or ice sheet
- Click "Request Reservation" at the top of this page, make an account and send your reservation for approval (Min 3 days in advance).
- Call or email the arena to book your desired time (someone is available Monday-Friday 7am-4pm to take your call).
- All rentals come with access to the **Change room & Washroom facilities
- Rentals of the change room building on it's own is available for events not rink related. (must be made via phone or email)
Please be aware the Scott Seaman Sports Rink can be closed at any time due to adverse weather conditions. The rink will be closed and bookings will be cancelled. Patrons will not be billed for rentals cancelled by the Arena. In the event that the time has already been paid for; a refund will be offered.
When temperatures are colder than -20 Celcius the skating rink is considered closed for the safety and well being of the community. The Zamboni will also not be resurfacing the ice when it is less than -20 Celcius in order to maintain the integrity of the equipment.
It is advised that you sign up for alerts if you want to be kept in the loop regarding closures and openings of the rinks.
Notice to All Patrons
- Verbal or physical abuse of arena staff will not be tolerated.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone under the influence or in possession of alcohol or any illegal substances. The offending person(s) can be asked to vacate the facility. Banning from the facility may result.
The Scott Seaman Sports Rink is an 180' x 84' outdoor covered rink. The ice surface is kept refrigerated all winter season, and maintained with an ice resurfacer. The open air change room facilities (included in all rentals) are equipped with 4 change room areas, benches & tables and can be rented separately.
During family, after school, public, or open ice times the SSSR change room/washroom facilities will not be open for use. You can come into the ORA to use their facilities.
If you require any further guidance or clarification please call the arena during office hours.
Contact Parks & Recreation manager:
Les Quinton Email: Lesq@town.blackdiamond.ab.ca