Community Services and Resources
Utility Deferral Process- In response to COVID 19
Please visit our Utility Deferral page.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
On March 18, 2020, the Prime Minister announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, will provide up to $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.
Measures are in place to protect businesses, employers and employees from the economic disruption of COVID-19, including:
- Financial relief for businesses and employers
- Job-protected leave for employees
- Federal employment insurance benefits
- Business continuity planning resources
- Individuals and families
- People facing loss of income
- Indigenous peoples
- Youth, post-secondary students and recent graduates
- Avoiding layoffs and rehiring employees
- Access to credit
- Creating new jobs and opportunities for youth
- Deferred payments
- Support for self-employed individuals
- Indigenous businesses
- Supporting financial stability
- Find the support you need for your business
- Agriculture, agri-food, aquaculture, fisheries
- Cultural, heritage and sports
- Air transportation
- Non-profit and charitable
Government of Alberta Financial Supports
Protecting Alberta’s families and economy
Government is providing immediate financial assistance to Albertans affected by the COVID-19 crisis. New supports are available now, more information here.
There is also additional information in this Government of Alberta News Release - March 18, 2020.
Income Support – How to apply
Apply online or in person for money to pay for basic expenses like food, clothing and shelter.
Emergency financial assistance
Financial assistance for unexpected emergencies is available through the Emergency Needs Allowance.
Communication from Westwinds regarding precautions for our supportive living communities
We want to provide you with an update to our response to COVID-19 in order to maintain the safest environment for our residents and employees. Please click here for our message.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 403-652-8600.
Information for Snowbirds
Do you need to get in touch with your lender about your options during this emergency? Here are the customer service numbers to the major lenders.
Foothills School Division
Covers many topics including:
- How to Talk to Your Child
- Structuring Your Child’s Day
- Options for Your Child’s Daily Schedule
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Minds Matter Daily Words of Wellness
- Supports for Students with Disabilities
- Help and Supports