What is Black Diamond’s Economic Development Event Fund (EDEF)?
Black Diamond Economic Development offers funding to businesses, community groups, organizations, or individuals staging an event or activity that will encourage positive economic activity in our community.
The purpose of this grant is to:
• Enhance awareness of Black Diamond and encourage visitation;
• Draw tourism revenue for local businesses;
• Showcase to visitors the quality of life and small town charm in Black Diamond;
• Reinforce health, culture, arts, and amenities within the Black Diamond area;
• Promote our area as a destination location and a place to live, work, and invest in;
• Increase Black Diamond brand awareness
This grant seeks to achieve these goals by supporting activities, events, and festivals that:
1. Show strong potential to contribute to Black Diamond’s culture (as described above);
2. Encourage community participation, volunteerism, and involvement in planning and implementing such events;
3. Assist event organizers in attracting visitors from a minimum distance of over 20km away from town.
The funding is allocated via the enclosed grant application process that is managed by the Town’s Economic Development Manager, in consultation with the Economic Development Committee.
Who may apply?
Applications may be submitted by local organizations, businesses, groups, or individuals. Individuals submitting an application may be requested to provide extra detail.