Who Can Appeal

Who May Appeal to the ISDAB?

Decision On a Development Permit:

  • Anyone who has applied for a development permit
  • Anyone "affected" (e.g. neighbours) by the decision may appeal.

Decision On a Subdivision Application:

  • The applicant
  • A government department
  • A school authority
  • Note that neighbours cannot appeal a subdivision application

Stop Order:

  • Anyone subject to or affected by the Stop Order

Amendment to the Land Use Bylaw by Council:

  • There is no appeal to the ISDAB in these situations.  Council must hold Public Hearings, in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, as part of the process to amend Land Use Bylaws.  That is the appropriate venue for members of the public to express concerns, support or opposition for those amendments.