2020 Property Tax Notices
Pursuant to Section 311 of the Municipal Government Act 2000, R.S.A., Chapter M-26 as amended, the 2020 Property Tax Notices for the Town of Black Diamond were mailed the week of June 22, 2020 to all assessed property owners. Town of Black Diamond property owners are deemed to have received their tax notices as a result of the publication of this notice.
View the 2020-19 comparison pie chart showing where your tax dollars go.
Property taxes are due on July 31st of each year, penalties on all outstanding balances will be levied on August 1st of each year.
A Property Tax Deferral Program has been implemented for 2020 for our residents who require some financial assistance due to COVID-19
The deferral program permits that Property Taxes for 2020 will be due on September 30, 2020, and that penalties on outstanding balances will be levied on October 1, 2020.
Paying Your Property Taxes
There are several different ways in which residents can pay their property taxes. Please review the FAQ document to determine the best payment option for you.
If you are not making your payment in person at the office, the Town does not (generally) mail out receipts. However, if you would like to receive a receipt for your payment, please let us know that when you make your payment. You can also call the office at 403-933-4348 or email the Tax Clerk and request that a receipt
bemailed or emailed to you.
Tax Instalment Payment Program (TIPP)
TIPP is authorized by the Town of Black Diamond TIPP Bylaw. Please read the TIPP FAQ document to learn more about the TIPP program, and how you can pay your property taxes in monthly payments.
- The TIPP Enrolment and Authorization Form is available for online application. Please complete and submit the form at your convenience.
- The printer friendly TIPP Application Form (PDF) is also an acceptable application form. Please fill it out, and return it to the Town Office to the attention of the Tax & Utility Clerk.
- Use the handy online TIPP Termination Form if you need to terminate/cancel your TIPP payments.
- More information
- To make sure you are eligible for the TIPP Program
- To determine your monthly instalment
- To discuss a concern with your current TIPP account